Our Partnerships and Networks
In a bid to actualize its mission and strategic objectives, CEHRD has partnered with several networks and coalitions at local, national and international levels, sharing similar mission and vision. CEHRD is the coordinating secretariat of the West African Human Rights Defenders Network [WAHRDN] and Child Protection Network (CPN).
WAHRDN was established in May 2005, at the end of an international conference of human rights organizations in Dakar, Senegal. The network represents 14 national human rights coalitions in the West African Sub-region.
CEHRD is a founding and leading member of the African Mangrove Network [AMN], working to protect and conserve mangrove forests throughout the African Continent.
- Other networks and coalitions which CEHRD belongs to include:
- People’s Movement for Human Rights Education [PMHRE].
- Publish What You Pay [PWYP].
- Gender and Constitution Reform Network [GECORN].
- Coalition for Accountability and Transparency in Extractive Industry, Fisheries and Forestry in Nigeria [CATEIFFIN].
- National Coalition on Gas Flaring and Oil Spills in the Niger Delta (NACGOND).
- Rivers State Chapter of the Civil Society Network on HIV/AIDS [CISNAN].
- Niger Delta Citizens Budget Platform [NDCBP] and Transitional Monitoring Group [TMG]